1) REGIONAL WORKSHOP ON LEGAL AND OPERATIONAL FRAMEWORK FOR BEACH MANAGEMENT UNITS IN EAST AFRICA
The Institute for Law and Environmental Governance (ILEG) and the Environmental Law Institute (ELI) held a two-day regional workshop on Legal and Operational Framework for Beach Management Units in East Africa, at Imperial Hotel in Kisumu. The workshop was attended by 50 participants who were representatives from various sectors in the fishing industry.
2) INSTITUTE FOR LAW AND ENVIRONMENTAL GOVERNANCE (ILEG) CENTRE FOR ADVANCED STUDIES IN ENVIRONMENTAL LAW AND POLICY (CASELAP) NATIONAL ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY (NEMA)
REPORT OF THE EAST AFRICA REGIONAL JUDICIAL COLLOQUIUM ON ENVIRONMENTAL LAW AND ACCESS TO JUSTICE HELD BETWEEN 10TH-15TH APRIL 2007 AT SAROVA WHITESANDS BEACH RESORT, MOMBASA, KENYA
3) CLIMATE CHANGE ADAPTATION & MITIGATION
WILD LIFE SOCIETY ECOTOURISM INTERNATIONAL COMMISSION OF JURISTS (ICJ)- ALLIANCE OF RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION CHANGE WORKING GROUP KEFRI KENYA DEVELOPMENT MINISTRY OF LANDS COOPERATIVE CENTRE THE STOCKHOLM MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
4) Environmental Goverance in Keyna
Offers fresh insights and covergence of thoughts on patinent issues
5) ELAW ANNUAL MEETING 2008, MOMBASA KENYA
This year ELAW Annual Meeting took place on the beautiful Kenyan beaches just north of Mombasa City at the Whitesands Beach Resort and Spa. It was hosted by the Institute for Law and Environmental Governance and the Resources Conflict Institute.
6) MINISTRY OF LANDS
Kenya has not had a clearly defined or codified National Land Policy since independence. This, together with the existence of many land laws, some of which are incompatible, has resulted in a complex land management and administration system.
7) Courts as Champions of Sustainable Development: Lessons from East Africa
Courts function as an arm of government that is critical in the separation of powers doctrine, and they play a crucial role in giving effect to legislative and executive intentions and pronouncements.